Current Clinical Research
Thomas Jefferson University – PRP Research Phase II
The Department of Dermatology & Cutaneous Biology of Thomas Jefferson University is continuing their study of PRP. They are interested in working with anyone who has been diagnosed with PRP. For your convenience, a research Patient Study Packet is available for download .
In Phase II of this ongoing study, there are no tests. We do ask that you take the time to complete two forms included in a research Patient Study Packet. The packet contains a:
- LETTER from Principal Investigator Dr. Jouni Uitto, M.D. PhD., of Thomas Jefferson University detailing the purpose of each document.
- PATIENT HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE: A short questionnaire collecting information about your experience with the symptoms and treatment of PRP.
- NEW CONSENT DOCUMENT: Requesting the contact information of your diagnosing/treating dermatologist/doctor so that we may review their notes regarding your disease.
Please mail the completed forms back to the TJU clinical research office:
Department of Dermatology & Cutaneous Biology
Attn: Nick Ross
833 Chestnut Street, Suite 740
Philadelphia PA 19107, USA
Please direct any questions regarding Phase II to the Clinical Research Fellow of this study – contact details are provided in the Patient Study Packet
Your interest and participation in this research is appreciated.
Previous Clinical Research
- Jefferson Medical Collage, Philadelphia, USA, is conducting a research project on the causes of PRP, and seeking world-wide participants who currently have, or who have had PRP. For more details, please see the announcement (Added Oct 2012) [Adobe PDF format]
- New York University Medical Center, Department of Dermatology; New York USA – Phase I online survey will close April 15th. Phase II is to be announced.
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Department of Dermatology, New York USA – 2008 Announcement forthcoming